Saturday, June 22, 2013

Thank You Everyone! This Newbie is Sweet & Versatile!

Well guys... it's raining today it was raining Thursday when I started writing this!  (Although, I don't know if that warranted an exclamation point; perhaps an upside down exclamation point would be more fitting.)




I'm going to do something loooong overdue and address my awards nominations!  (Now that warranted an exclamation point!)  Thank you all for nominating me for the awards.  Really.  You are pawsome!   

At first, Mom didn't realize nominations equaled receiving/being awarded the awards, so we were kinda waitin' for the results (as if there was a vote, ya know?).  Silly blogging newbie mistake.  And then, when we realized how these things really worked, Mom was in frustrating limbo land with a broken keyboard, so each post was completed between her smartphone and computer and just totally time consuming.  It was stifling.  She almost made me take a break from blogging altogether.  (Dog Mom here: I'll add, for a good month, my professors thought I wasn't making any effort to take notes either because my laptop was up [with outlines], but I wasn't typing away like a madwoman....)  Finally, we're cruisin' again.

As it happened, because we took so long to get around, we were nominated a couple times for the same awards, so we have many bloggers to thank!

First up, way back when this was a puppy blog, on May 14th (has it really been that long?!) that gorgeous Miss Harper Lee nominated us for the Super Sweet Blogging Award.  Our first award nomination ever.  We were thrilled that not only were people visiting our blog, but that people (or their pups) actually enjoyed our blog!  Woofee!  Thank you Miss Harper Lee!

Then, sweet Finn & Coralee from Bark & Chatter nominated us on May 23rd for the Super Sweet Blogging Award and the Versatile Blogging Award.  Two award nominations in one day!  We were feeling the love!  Thank you Finn & Coralee (and your cute kitties)!

On June 6th, Jessica from Beagles and Bargains nominated us for the Liebster Award!  Okay, Mom didn't even realize that was German, much less knew what it meant! But we were excited anyways.  And I think at about this time, that we started to realize that the "nominations" were the official awards, BOL.  Also, Mom had better take some tips from Jessica about not going broke while pampering us....  Mom's a professional student.... Just sayin'.  Thank you Jessica!

On June 17th, that handsome guy Roy and his mom Shefali on Following Roy nominated us for the Super Sweet Blogging Award and the Versatile Blogging Award!  Wasn't that generous of them?!  (Dog Mom here: y'all are not helping with Champ's growing ego....)  Thank you Roy and Shefali!

Finally, today, we were again nominated for the Super Sweet Blogging Award and the Versatile Blogging Award by handsome Teach at Tails of Teach!  BOL.  I am so sweet and versatile!  Everyone loves me, Mom!  I'm unstoppable!  Thank you Teach!

Now, onto the rules:


Super Sweet Blogging Award:
>Thank a blogger for nominating you.  Paws, check.
>Include the award image on your blog.  Paws, check.
>Nominated and notify a baker's dozen sweet blogs for this award.  See Below, check.
>Answer 5 Super Sweet questions: (Dog Mom here: I love sweets, so I'm going to answer these!)

Cookies or Cake?  Cake.  I love looking at, baking, decorating, and eating cakes!
Vanilla or Chocolate?  Chocolate anything!
What is your favorite sweet treat?  At the moment, I'll go with Toblerones!  Mmmmm....
When do you crave sweet things the most?  Every evening.
If you had a sweet name, what would it be?  Sweets?  Seems appropriate.





Versatile Blogging Award:
>Add the Versatile Blogger award photo on a blog post.  Paws, check.
>Thank the person who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post.  Paws, check.
>Pass the award along to 15 favorite bloggers.  See below.

>Contact the chosen bloggers and let them know about the award.  Paws, check.
>Share Seven Things About Yourself.


1. Sometimes I pee on my legs.  It's true.  (Dog Mom here: FYI, these are confessions from Champ, not me.)
2. Mom says I am a space guarder....  I call it the "Champ Zone."  She thinks I should share with other dogs better.
3. I do not like the neighbors' dogs (and they do not like me), although I am getting better about them thanks to lots of treats and games.
4. I am a wimp about ouchies.
5. I am learning how to skateboard.  I'm a punk....
6. I hate crows.  They piss me off.
7. I like to take up 3/4 of Mom's bed and hog the covers.

Not so sweet now, am I!? BOL!

(Okay, I hope I can redeem myself a little bit by telling you that I choose to hang out in the room Elsie is crated in when Mom's gone to keep her company.  Isn't that nice?)




Liebster Award:
From Beagles and Bargains: "The Liebster Award is designed to help get the word out about new blogs, so it is for blogs with fewer than 200 followers."
>List the nominator’s blog on your blogroll with a link.  Paws, check.
>Answer 11 questions asked by your nominator. (Dog Mom in.)

Who is your blog inspiration? In general, Ree Drummond.  I have followed her blog almost from the beginning and am just amazed at how it has grown.
Candy or cake? Cake.
Where is your favorite place to vacation? Currently, at my parents' home!  Easy livin'.
How do you take your coffee or tea? Tea only.
Have you ever had a pet fish? Yes, a couple from the fair when we were young and a betta in college.  None of them lasted long.  I am not a good fish caretaker....
Mac or PC? Well, I have a PC laptop, but my next one may be a Mac.
Have you ever been to a desert? Yes, from high desert to dry desert.
Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi!
What is your favorite sport? Mainstream: college football. Otherwise/really, horse sports, like x-country, dressage, jumping, polo, etc.  I would love to get more into other dog sports, other than the upland bird hunting that we do.
If you and your pet switched places for a day, what would happen?  Ah, I would get to do whatever I wanted if I were one of the dogs!  Their lives are soooo difficult....  Now, if Champ were me, he would probably go blow off classes (wait, I do that anyways...) and go to the park and watch the birds like some crazy bird lady (as opposed to the crazy dog lady I am).
How long have you been blogging? Just over two months!


>Provide 11 random facts about yourself 

1. I am half Thai.  That's right.  And yes, I loooove Thai food.  But no, I do not speak any Thai.
2. I have lived in the same state (Oregon!) my whole life.  Sheltered, I know.
3. In middle school, I accidentally killed a baby pheasant that we were raising after one of our dogs destroyed its nest and cried for weeks.  No exaggeration.  I was traumatized.
4. My brother and I rescued a shot duck that someone had left in the field when we were hunting once, nursed her for awhile, and took her to a wildlife sanctuary.  We called her Daisy.
5. I love all things baby.  (Well, I mean, I'm not crazy about the diapers, but everything else makes those worth it.)
6. I can drive a tractor.  
7. I have had more car related "incidences" than I can count (including hitting a uniformed police officer in his personal vehicle).  See #1.  I confirm the stereotype, I'm afraid.
8. I detest hot weather.  I melt.  I die.
9. Aside from food smells, my favorite smells are: puppy breath, dog paws, my dogs, wet brown paper towels, books, horses, horse stables, leather, "rain," mountain air, Christmas trees, and Vicks.
10. I am terrified of earwigs, worms, centipedes, june bugs, and potato bugs.
11. I have a mirror-in-the-dark phobia.  I blame it on that childhood "Bloody Mary" game.

>Nominate 11 qualified blogs (less than 200 followers) for the Liebster Award and let them know through a post on their blog page.  Paws, check.
>Provide a set of 11 questions for the nominated blogs to answer.

1. What are your favorite non-food smells?
2. More importantly, do you like the smell of dog paws?
3. What are more repelling, spiders or snakes?
4. How many kinds of pets do you have?
5. Do you have middle names for your pets?
6. What is the best prank you've ever pulled?
7. What was the name of your first dog?
8. Have you been to the Pacific NW?
9. Have you ever ridden a horse?
10. Do you prefer buttered popcorn or kettle corn?
11. If you could be any living person in the world for a day, who would it be?

>Display the award on your blog! Paws, check.

Now for my Nominations!
The following are being nominated for the Super Sweet Blogger Award and the Versatile Blogger Award!
1. The Portuguese Water Blog
2. Sagira Therapy Dog
3. The B.A.R.K. Dogs
4. The Dogs Are Really In Charge
5. Dog Foster Mom
6. To Dog With Love
7. Dog the Dina
8. Two Pitties In the City
9. Carma Poodale
10. Lapdog Creations
11. No Dog About It 
12. Something Wagging This Way Comes
13. My Life with Flyball Dogs

The following two blogs are also being nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!
[14.] Ruby the Airedale
[15.] Wyndson Farm

The following blogs are being nominated for the Liebster Award!
1. The B.A.R.K. Dogs
2. Ruby the Airedale
3. Dog the Dina
4. Abby the Labradork
5. Get Karma Adopted
6. Bark and Chatter
7. Parker Chronicles
8. Training Toby
9. My Imperfect Dog
10. Doxie Times
11. Coonhound Tales

Whew!  Three days later....  That was a bit time consuming!  But it was fun!  Thank you all again for your nominations!





13 comments:

  1. Congratulations and thanks for the nomination. I'll be posting about it tomorrow, so do come by.

    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all of your awards and THANKS for nominating our blog for the Liebster Award! We have a few things in common...we started our dog blog about the same time, we both like baking (Mom has a food blog here-> www.makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.com, and #11 above (that damn "Bloody Mary" game cursed my midnight bathroom runs for at least 20 years! UGGHH!)

    Like you, I put off blogging about "our blog awards," but I hope to do it when things quiet down.

    Thanks again!
    Jane & Parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Finally! Someone who understands my (Dog Mom's) mirror phobia! I am getting better, but damn... I still do the "light check" most of the time. LOL

      I'll check out your food blog!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations and thanks for nominating my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a lot of work!!! And congrats on all your well deserved awards!
    Thanks so much for nominating Bark and Chatter for the Leibster Award - we appreciate it!
    must admit we have (and do) made plenty of newbie flubs! They are inevitable. And we're glad to know it's you, Champ, and not you're mom who pees on your legs! BOL!
    Coralee and Finn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coralee and you are welcome! We love Bark & Chatter. Finn and those kitties are too cute. :)

      Delete
  5. Hello, thanks so much for the award nomination! Champ is adorable, and I'm with you on the chocolate and Pepsi. My foster dog Ziggy also has a "Champ Zone" - I like that name, and I think he'll start calling it a "Ziggy Zone" if you don't mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you! "Ziggy Zone" is cute! (The name, not the behavior!) Fortunately, "Champ's Zone" just limits other dogs... not me!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the nomination! I also didn't know I was supposed to blog about awards nominations until I read your post, whoops! :D

    ReplyDelete