Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ouch! Part Two

Well, turns out both my ears were inflamed, not just my right ear, although it was considerably worse.  Not gunky and no alien stuffs inside.

Paws crossed, it is just a one time deal cuz I hate going to the vets' office! Sure, the lobby isn't so bad, and the technician was super nice and understanding (she gave me lots of treats).  And sure, Mom brought the best kind of treats (meat), and I even did tricks for her in the exam room.  But... Mom still made me wear the muzzle; I'll admit, I was too nervous to be pissed off about that, but thinking about it now, I don't know if I can forgive her.  (Okay, I already did.)  (Dog Mom here: I guess I lost sleep over nothing....  He was a stress ball, but he actually didn't put up a fuss at all with the otoscope.)

I plan on making Mom's life Hell for the next two weeks while she tries to treat my ears! BOL

PS.  It is super hot here today.  No AC.  'Nuff said.

4 comments:

  1. Yucky! Do they have any clue what's wrong?
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is very good news that there is no alien stuffs in there! (that is never fun!) I can't believes you let the vettie look in your ears!! Your a very good pups! It's always a toss up whether I'm gonna let the vettie do it....sometimes it's 'sedation' time, other times, I let them.
    The drops are no funs, butts I bet by the end of the two weeks, you won't mind too much.
    Oh, I am sooooo sorry you don't have the cool air vent Champ! Oh, I hates the hot weather, and I don't know what I would do without it!
    I'll be thinkin' cool thoughts for you, and send em' your way!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that sounds no good. Hope you feel better soon.
    Roy & Shefali
    PS. It's a good time to get lots of cuddles and treats. Make the most of it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. I actually have an ear infection right now, and it is really all sorts of not fun. Even makes my jaw hurt when I try to eat.

    Pallo had bad ear infections when I first brought him home. He spent the first two weeks living with me getting a muzzle put on twice a day and being manhandled into getting the drops in his ears. I felt so bad for him, since I was new, it was a new place, and all of that. I normally would go much slower and get a dog used to all of that stuff, but his ears needed to be treated then and there. Luckily, training over the past few years has made it so he is okay with his ears being handled- and even with getting ear drops.

    ReplyDelete