Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Pond Project

I can't believe I've almost been blogging for a month!  I also can't believe my blog has had over 800 views!  Woo-hoo!  Thank you all for visiting us, and thank you for all of your comments and emails!

Today, instead of doing a blog hop, I wanted to share what I've been working on at my house.  I've been here for about a year and a half, and there's been one project after another.  But this planter...


... has been driving me crazy!  See that silly plastic mountain?  Could it look anymore fake?  And those plants.  Don't get me started on them.  It seems like the previous owners planted anarchis anywhere and everywhere on this property, and that stuff creeps!  I hate it.  Strong words, I know.

So I spent three afternoons clearing out the old river rock, plants, and weeds, dodging centipedes, earwigs (eek!), and giant ants, replanting, putting mulch down, and fixing the pond up.  Oh, I also spent an afternoon emptying the pond mostly by hand because the pump was glitchy.  The water was nasty--the green, smelly, filled-with-dead-slugs-and-live-worms, sort of nasty.

Now, my walkway looks like this:


<insert happy face here!>

Champ approves.  He thinks it's his personal drinking fountain.


Yup, we're glad to check this project off the list!

My dad is going to fix that hole in the wall and put an outlet in its place.  I'm going to put a bigger filter in the pond, add a couple lilies, and get some goldfish!  Or not.  I don't have the best luck with fish.  Plus, I would get grossed out with Champ drinking fishy water.


Thanks again for stopping by!
Champ's mom  



PS.  The siding in the first pic looks like crap because we pressure washed it to prep for painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment