Friday, April 26, 2013

Picnic at the Park

Hi, It's me, Sophie!


I'm not trying to be rude, I promise!  Mom was eating something, and I wanted her to share....

We went to a park with her friends yesterday to celebrate the end of Spring term finals.  I got to visit with about fifteen law nerds who think I'm adorable (I'll admit, I am very pretty), and I tried to maintain my best lady manners when I mingled with three other dogs.  There was a lot of good food that her friends weren't stingy with, and Mom brought along a container of hamburger just for me, too!

Mostly, I stood around and looked cute.  I made myself readily available to anyone who wanted to pet me. (It's a rough life.)  I love how everyone thinks I'm a young lady!  When Mom answered ten and a half, they thought she meant months!  How flattering!  I was also complimented on how clean and soft I am, so all my efforts to steer clear of mud paid off!

I was a little disappointed we didn't get to walk around and explore the park more--kind of mean of Mom, considering I've never been there before--but I did have have fun playing Bocci.  I was my mom's lucky charm--she scored a three pointer, which is quite impressive considering she has about the worst hand-eye coordination ever.  We players were told we looked like a scene from a Wes Anderson film.  I'll take it.  We passed on playing baseball (both kinds) and another ball toss kind of game because Mom already met her quota sports.  (I don't think she knows what she signed up for when she agreed to join a kickball team with her friends this Summer....)

Anyways, after about four hours of hanging out, Mom and I ran to the pet store for some vitamins and treats and then headed home.  I made sure to tell Champ and Elsie about my afternoon of fun, since they were stuck at home doing nothing.  Yes, Champ gets his brat traits from me.

I'm going to go take a nap with Mom!  (She's bogged down on Benedryl, plus we have time now!)  Have a great weekend!

Dog mom here! I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by!  We are about a week into the blog project and already have had over 225 page views!  I don't know if that's a lot for young blogs, but it's way more than I imagined we'd be getting!  Thanks again!  

1 comment: