Monday, April 22, 2013

Let's Pretend it's Not Monday

Wake me up on Tuesday, please.


Dog Mom here now... Good afternoon!  I did let the poor boy sleep in today.  Kind of.  I got up at 3:30 am.  Yup, you read that right.  3:30 am.  Granted, I went to bed at about 6:30 pm last night, but that is still way too early.  Yesterday was grueling trying to juggle studying for my Evidence final and entertaining three busy setters--I can focus much better in the early morning hours when the pups still think (err, know) it's sleepy time.  The pressure is definitely on when your whole grade for a course is based on your exam coming up at 8:30 am.

But it's over now!  Woo-hoo!  Three down.  One to go.  I celebrated with a couple friends at a little French restaurant and then picked up two flavors of Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

Normally, every final hits me like a sack of bricks in my stomach, or I just feel like I died during the exams.  When all you can do is fail (considering the high grades receive around 60% of the points or less), it's no wonder that law finals have just what it takes to crush one's spirits.  This go around, though?!  Carefree.  Honestly, I just don't care! <resisting grinning emoticon here>  I assume I'll pass, and if I don't, well, my life isn't over.  It's not that I don't want to be here--I do, for the most part--but I'm just not letting my stress consume me this term.  My mom should be happy to read that (are you reading, Mom?!), since my blood pressure sky rockets during Finals and I get all bratty, grumpy, and melodramatic.

Anyways, I'm taking the day off from studying, going to do some yard work, and spending time with the dogs, of course.  As I type, I'm enjoying the sunny day and slight breeze on my patio.  Elsie is over under the trees obsessing over her flirt pole.  Sophie's on the end table in the living room watching the world go by through the picture window.  And Brat Man is standing here next to me.  I promised him a trip to the park later, so I better get going!

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. Oh, what a pretty baby!
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping on by for the hop. Hope you enjoyed your day off and good luck on your last exam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The last exam is open note, so that's a welcome change!

      We're about to go on walks to finish off a great afternoon of yard work. I even emptied my stinky little pond that has been filling and sitting full of rain water-turned green-home to dead slugs and live worms. YUCK.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your last final!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great way to spend a day off! I need days like that too sometimes!

    ReplyDelete