Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Better days ahead?! Let's hope.

Rant #1.
I'm taking a course in NPOs.  Mind you, this is law school.  So, Prof, why the hell are we wasting two weeks on the effin' history of charity?  Seriously.  If we are practicing as consultants for NPOs, no one is going to give a crap whether we know the historical development and differences between charity and philanthropy.  What they are going to want to know is that we can get what they need done.  Of course, to do so, we have to know how to do it, which is why we're taking this course.  Now the question remains: why are we not learning what we need to know.

Nothing against history, really--I like it, but when we are paying this much $$$, I'd rather learn how to be lawyers....

Reading assignment one of three for tonight is 35 pages long [on history].  Naturally, the best way I found to handle the assignment was to procrastinate and post a rant here.... Whoops.  

Rant #2.
I "strongly dislike" one of my neighbors.  I better stop there because it is a long story....

Rant #3.
If you're volunteering at an animal shelter, congratulations, you've got a good heart.  Now, use your primate brain, and read up on any number of the training/behavior sheets so conveniently located in the volunteer room or sign up with any number of the volunteer training classes so that you can not make such a huge ass of yourself.  I don't want to listen to you give your dog two dozen corrections in the span of three minutes!  Is it too much to ask for you to tell the poor thing what you would like him to do?!

Clearly "you" ^ is not directed at anyone reading this....  ;)  At least I hope not!


Yours always,
Champ's [bitchy] Mom

1 comment:

  1. Many years ago, when I did a law degree here in New Zealand we spent weeks in a land law class studying feudalism. I think the lecturer had an interest in the subject. What relevance it had to New Zealand's land ownership system was not clear. I think they teach you want they want you to know not what you need to know.

    ReplyDelete